July 19, 2011

Everyone Matters

Eva waves to everyone, and I mean everyone. Case in point, we were at a rest stop on our way home from North Carolina on Sunday. Kyle was standing with Eva near the car. Eva waved at every car that exited the highway and entered the parking lot in front of her. She waved so vigorously that a few of the drivers looked up at her in surprise, smiled and waved back. It's amazing how most everyone will smile at a baby. Old, young, rough around the edges, or well-manicured. Everyone loves a baby, and my baby seems to show an interest in everyone. To her, everyone deserves a wave... even the woodchuck crossing the street. We were out on the porch blowing bubbles and eating popsicles. I saw some movement out of the corner of my eye, and Eva saw it too. I stood up. She pulled on my leg, wanting me to pick her up. She took a look at the woodchuck scurrying across our neighbor's yard and began waving with a big smile on her face. Even the woodchuck matters. I think, but I cannot be sure, that the woodchuck smiled and waved back.

2 comments: