October 15, 2010

Kickin' it to the curb....

Good news to share with all! Eva is no longer bionic. Her doctors decided this week that she no longer needs her apnea monitor! I'm really excited, but I'm thinking I was kind of attached to that thing. It was kind of like a safety net for me, being the completely lost worry-wort that I am. Somehow it feels a weird to just put her to bed without attaching the wires and checking her belt, and then I think, "This is one more sign that she is a healthy baby now!" So it sits in the corner as a reminder of our early days after Eva came home. In other news, we can also stop buying the million dollar Alimentum formula- yaaaay! What will we do with all the extra money? Maybe go to Disneyworld? Or Harry Potter Land? (Please? Please?) This is great news too because it means that she is not showing signs of a milk allergy. We have been hoping that Eva is not allergic to foods like her cousins. (Sorry Krissy!) Her love of orange veggies continues, although peas made an entrance this week. Those were especially fun as she has learned to blow razberries and prefers to do them at the most opportune times.

This week Eva also started showing signs of stranger awareness. If she sees someone she is not sure about, she buries her head and the lower lip begins trembling. Her doctor at her six week check-up insisted that babies don't show that awareness until nine months old. Then she looked at Eva and Eva promptly starting crying. That's my girl! She continued to glare at the doctor throughout the appointment. :) It's amazing how babies' personalities emerge so early in life. I think she's a good mix of Kyle and I. She is stubborn like the both of us, but she has her daddy's laid-back attitude. She smiles all the time, especially when she sees her family. I think maybe she will love books like me. We read together often. She will sit on my lap and listen to two or three stories at a time. She loves the bright pictures and looking at the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment