October 24, 2010

Eva's Big Day at the Eastern Market

Yesterday we took Eva on an adventure in the big city. We started off at the renown Eastern Market in downtown Detroit, and then made our way to Greek Town. We then watched the swans swim to Canada from the otherwise abandoned-looking Belle Isle. Here's a link to the Eastern Market (it was awesome!): http://www.detroiteasternmarket.com/

Kyle and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. We saw all kinds of fruits, veggies, spices, plants, and crafts. We smelled ribs on the barbeque, fresh cider and coffee, and flowers. We passed right on by Virg Bernero, saw a dumpster on fire (?), and gave our left-overs from Pegasus to a nice homeless man who called Eva our "little shorty." These are the reasons I love big cities! Where else in the world can you see, hear and smell such an assortment of things on any given day? We also saw this sign, which has to make you wonder:
Does this mean it's okay to hurt each other if we would just use our fists instead of guns? I think they may be missing the boat on this one. To be fair, this sign was just down the street from a black market shop that was selling shirts that said, "Detroit Hustles Harder".

Here's what Eva might describe if she had the words to do so:
This is a long car ride. Where are we going?
Why is momma changing me in the back seat? Daddy is swearing a lot to find a parking spot.
I love my stroller. I'll chew on this lady bug. Something wet is falling on my face. (rain)
I'm snuggled in. I can see my momma pushing me. I hear lots of noises. I hear a man yelling, "1 for a dollar! These mums must go. Time to send me home!" I hear people talking. I see that sometimes I am outside and sometimes I am inside. Daddy is holding something up to my nose for me to smell. It makes me wrinkle my nose.
Mommy is holding me tight and my hood is over my face. We are walking somewhere. Mommy and daddy kiss me a lot and tell me I am safe.
I'm hungry! Feed me!
We are at a restaurant. I feel heat on my face. I think that man just lit that cheese on fire! Wow! I'll hold on to mommy a little tighter.
Daddy is holding me now and feeding me a bottle. I feel sleepy.
Mommy is bouncing me to sleep. I'll hold on to her shirt with one hand just in case she tries to go anywhere while I'm sleeping.
Zzzzzzz........


Here are pictures of Eva and I. Notice the expressions of concern on her face....


No comments:

Post a Comment