November 15, 2010

My Husband is the Best

This New Year's Eve, my husband and I will have been married 6 years. I can honestly say that at least once a day for the past 11+ years that we have been together, I have thought, "How did I get so lucky?" Kyle is the kindest, most honest, and moral person I have ever met. We have been through a deployment, being "poor", health scares, five college degrees, being lost on a train in Europe across three countries, six moves, high school, and the birth of our daughter into the NICU just to name a few events. He continues to surprise me all the time! With Eva's birth, I had a chance to see yet another side of him. He has become the most tender, goofy dad a little girl could ever want. Here is a sample of what I heard one morning this week while Kyle was bathing Eva:
"Hello, hello, my little gnome. It's time to wash your little dome. (head)"
"Hi Sweetie! How is my lovie? You are so pretty. I love you so much. You're going to have a good day today!"
"Oh dear, don't scratch your eye. You need your eyeball to see. This is the lense, and the light enters your eye through the lense and is reflected off your retina. Can you say retina?"
"Don't eat the soap!"

I don't know how I would live with out him! Kyle has been known to make me dinner after a long day at work. I have witnessed him washing bottles and breast feeding gear. He obtained his own membership card to Carters and Osh Gosh, and it is not uncommon for him to come home with some kind of surprise for our little one. He's the best "baby wrapper" at night. He woke up with Eva three times last night. Never once have I heard him complain! Not even when Eva has a blow out diaper or is fussing with an ear infection. Eva does not know it now, but she is a very lucky little girl to have a daddy that loves her as much as Kyle does. I'm a very lucky woman to have him by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment