December 14, 2010

My name is Taylor and it has been 14 days since my last post.... "Hi Taylor"

I've been so busy doing the business of living that I have not had a single minute to reflect on it! Eva has been recovering from a cold the last few weeks. In a not so rare moment of new parenthood, I made my husband and I sleep on the floor next to Eva's crib to make sure she was breathing throughout the night when she first came down with it. Picture this: Eva sleeping (snoring) in her crib, and Kyle and I laying on the floor with a large, black, furry dog sandwiched between the two of us. The humidifier was humming, the smell of Vicks was in the air, and there was one worried momma laying awake the entire night. This is not the first time I have done this. I used to do it all the time when she came home from the hospital. And as my wonderful nanny, Peggy, assures me, it won't be the last. Ben the furry dog wishes we would sleep that way all the time. It's his favorite!

Lots has been happening lately. Eva is sitting up all by herself. She is so proud that sometimes she looks around the room and laughs at all she can see now. What a wonderful thing to change one's perspective! I spent a whole, wonderful week with her as one job ended, and I prepared for another to begin. I left last Friday to visit my sis in Chicago, and wouldn't you know it? Eva cut her first tooth! It is her lower right, front tooth. She keeps sucking in her lip and offering us a toothy smile. I think she is showing off. I'm so proud of my baby. It was fun that all this occurred during her first weekend hanging out with her daddy. She is also drinking out of a sippy cup like a pro. She has even been known to protest if you take it away before she is ready. Starting this week, her Nanna will be watching her while I work. I'm so excited that they will have this time to spend together. No one better to leave your little one with than your own momma!

We are also gearing up for Christmas. Eva's presents have been purchased, including her stocking stuffers. Her Christmas outfits are ready and cameras are charged. We can't wait! When I asked Kyle which Christmas was his favorite, he replied, "It will be this one."

No comments:

Post a Comment